Wednesday, May 27, 2009
This article describes how to configure an ASP.NET application:
Monday, May 18, 2009
After install, I can’t open a room on the web client, can't create server based alerts – or navigate to the server based alerts page
The issue is that the Configuration document has not yet been created. To resolve this you must do the following:
1. Once you set up ITS, go to "Edit global settings" link and click on the "Update" button. This is a one time activity.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
1. Select Tools > Plugins > Manage Plugins...
2. Find: C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Sametime Connect\shared\eclipse
3. Drill and Scroll down to Team sessions Feature 1.0.1xx
and select Uninstall.
Friday, May 8, 2009
These instructions still work for OCS 2007 and OCS 2007R2
The Office Communicator tab has been modified slightly to accommodate new features. Please see following link for more details: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425110(office.13).aspx
To compensate, for this change and/or also to provide ease of viewing Instant Archive viewer integrated with Communicator, tab.xml just needs to be placed in a site that does not require authentication.
For example we can create this new site:
Right Click Default Website folder in IIS.
1. Choose New>Virtual Directory…
Type in an Alias Name and folder for the new location of the tab.xml
1. Allow Read Browse and Execute permissions
1. Find tab.xml in your Inetpub/wwwroot/ITIMArchiveViews folder
And place it into the newly created folder you had already created when setting up the new virtual directory. (c://tabxml )
1. Modify Tab.xml to point to your index page
(Copy the below text and substitute your IP or domain name for mydomain)
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
You will see the Tab.xml placed in your new virtual directory
Right click the Virtual tabxml in Default web site and select Properties> Directory Security--
Authentication and access control > Edit...
Check Enable anonymous access for tab.xml as below (Your Archive Viewer Site will still be using Windows Authentication)
Modify Tab.reg to point to the ITIMArchive Viewer tab.xml and double click to save.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
Finally, Sign out--exit and sign back into Communicator and view your Archives!
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
1. Go To Tools -> Internet Options .
2. Click on ' Security ' tab.
3. Click on ' Custom Level ' button .
4. In ' Settings ' under ' Miscellaneous ' find ' Include local directory path when uploading files to a server ' and select radio button ' Enable '
5. Click on OK button
6. Click on OK button
7. Restart IE
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
1. Open IIS, go to your Application Pools, find your Application Pool and double click the Managed PipeLine Mode.
2. Set the Manage Pipeline mode from Integrated to Classic.
You can also set the Manage pipeline mode in the Application Pool Defaults.
1. You can do this in IIS7 by clicking on Set Application Pool Defaults.
2. Change the Managed Pipeline Mode to Classic.
For more information: http://www.newguid.net/blog/post/2008/12/03/Run-webapplication-on-IIS7-(Vista)-in-classic-mode.aspx
How to see the number of OCS users you are licensed for with OCS AV and how many users have been registered in OCS.
For Example: http://server/ITIMArchiveViews/Admin/index.aspx
2. Select the Product License Tab.
3. View the number of users that are licensed for your Archive Viewer as well as the number of registered OCS users. (This will only be displayed after the license has been entered and updated)
Monday, May 4, 2009
How would I set up inclusion/exclusion rules so that no chat sessions are logged, but then if we had one person whose chats we wanted logged, we could
Logging will happen all the time, for all chats/users using a Sametime server. The inclusion/exclusion rules then determine which one of those logged chats will get archived/imported.
You could simply setup an inclusion rule which specifies a non-existant user to be required as a chat party. Since that user doesn't exist, the rule will always fail and therefore the log won't get imported.
Then, you could add another import rule which specifies an actual true filter (such as user needs to be found in a group, etc), and since that 2nd rule would then successfully pass, the chat would get imported. In other words, if you have multiple rules configured, only ONE of them need to 'match' for the import to happen (they are logically OR'ed... ie. Rule1 OR Rule2 OR Rule3).
1. Open Instant IMTegrity 4 Configuration (imtconfig.nsf) and highlight action rules.
2. In the menu, select "New Action Rule"
3. Enter Rule name, Rule description and server.
4. Select value: "All of these" and enter the pattern you would
like Instant IMTegrity to capture. For example: ###-##-####
5. Select participants and other details you require.
6. Select whether you would like to have it emailed or tagged to view in the
tag section of your chatlogs.
8. Specify users for encryption and decryption and view.
First, you need to unzip the file called ‘Instant STLinks package.zip’ Use the extract method, rather than dragging and dropping the files out of the zip file. If done correctly, the extracted files should all be in one folder called ‘InstantStlinks’
Sametime comes equiped by default with an STLinks package. It can be found on your Sametime Server located by default at: ..domino/data/domino/html/Sametime/stlinks
It is best to leave this package alone and place the Instant STLinks package as a separate folder in the directory ..domino/data/domino/html/Sametime/
So in the Sametime folder, you will have two STLinks packages. One in the folder ‘stlinks’, and the other in the folder ‘InstantSTLinks’
At this point, the STLinks package is installed. Next we need to create a test HTML page which uses custom STLinks.
There are two ways to enable your webpage with the Instant STLinks package. When an agent clicks your STLink on your webpage, you can choose to have them be directed to the Information Submission form, or directly to the chat window. Both options will first require you to setup the html code on your webpage (By default the Instant STLinks package is set to direct a web visitor to the information submission form; see above sections for how to disable this). Below are the basic elements you need to setup an STLink on your webpage.
<link rel="STYLESHEET" href="”<CODEBASE">/stlinks.css" TYPE="text/css">
<script src="">/stlinks.js"> </script>
<script> writeSTLinksApplet("Web Visitor","",false);
The first part is the code which goes into the head of your html page. This is code required to prepare the STLinks.
Friday, May 1, 2009
Steps to enable Anonymous logins to Sametime Server are as follows:
1. Start Notes Client, login as Sametime Administrator
2. Open the STConfig.nsf database located in the Domino-Sametime Server
3. Next you should the screen as specified in stconfig.png
4. Open the item under the “AnonymousAccess” category as highlighted in the screenshot
5. Next you should see the document as in following screenshot. Make sure your setting match with that of screenshot
6. After updating and save the settings
7. Next we need to ensure that anonymous users are authorized to resolve other users and view their status. Go to the URL: http://serverFQDN
8. Navigate to Configuration -> Community Services node
9. Go to the tab Anonymous access
10. Make sure anonymous users have access to resolve and watch users. Refer screenshot
11. You will need to save your settings and restart the Domino Sametime server
At times TeamSessions server application is unable to open notes database which results in this issue.
Steps to address this issue:
1. Open the itsessions.nsf database using Notes Client
2. Update ACL. Server should access the database as person having Manager access level (refer screenshot)
3. Next restart the “Sametime Persistent Chat Application” service from Services applet located under Administrative Tools folder in Control Panel. (refer screenshot)
4. Wait for 5 to 10 mins and test archiving using the TeamSessions plug-in client