Tuesday, December 21, 2010
2. Go to the Extended Search Tab or Discovery Tab of the Admin page. Add the groups by clicking Add groups or users.
3. Use the drop down menu and search the Netbios setting for the groups you would like to give access to.
4. Now try to access the discovery or extended search page: .../itimarchiveviews/extendedsearch/index.aspx.--- with the user in that group.
Please note, if the Instant Archive Viewer website is not in the Trusted Sites of internet options of your browser, it will automatically login using the login credentials you used for Windows on the machine itself.
Also be sure that the user is enabled for communications in OCS.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
How to search chat converations between two users in LCS Archive Viewer for Live Communications Server
5. Now enter the word you would like to search for, (in this case "LDap") and enter the other user you would like to search on in "with user", in this case (firstname.lastname@example.org). Just enter the username before the @ sign. For example: lcsbot2
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Installing IMtegrity on an IBM Sametime 851 "logging server" server in a multi-server IBM Sametime server environment
For example, if 2 IBM Sametime community servers are located in different locations, possibly Switzerland and China, then in earlier releases of Sametime it was standard practice to install chat logging on both servers. However, it might not be feasible, or possible, to install chat logging on both servers, and the administrator of one server may need to install chat logging on one server, and have it capture all of the chat conversations on that server, regardless of the 'home' server of the user, or the location of the user who initiated the conversation.
With IBM Sametime 8.5, it is possible to configure the logging properties of the Sametime server to capture all chat conversations that are brokered by the community server, regardless of the location of each user. This functionality is not specific to Instant IMtegrity, but is available at the local Sametime server level, and enables a Sametime administrator to capture all of the chat conversations that traverse the local server.
Previously, when installing Instant IMtegrity in a mixed multi-Sametime Server environment or "logging server" (for example: logging only on the home servers of those users who require logging), it was required to install IMtegrity on each Sametime Server in your Multi-Sametime Server environment.
Here is a link to an IBM article that describes the various IBM Sametime logging properties:
1. Install IMtegrity using the standard IMtegrity default installation options
2. After installing IMtegrity, will need to change the following setting in the Sametime.ini file located in the Domino Directory:
3. Restart your Sametime server to have the new option recognized
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
so to fix this problem please take the folllowing instructions:
1. Add the URL in Interanet zone
2. Click on close and then close the broswer
3. Again open the browser, and type the URL for OCS AV web application and hit enter.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Instant's Archive Viewer for Microsoft OCS is a very useful tool to search, retrieve, and report on conversations and content within the Microsoft OCS system. Visit our website for more detail:
What's New in Build 3.0.49 for Instant Archive Viewer for Microsoft OCS?
Instant Archive Viewer for OCS Version 3.0.49 is now available and comes with a gamut of helpful enancements and fixes. Here are five new items that have been introduced.
1. Charting and Reporting
Instant Charting and Reporting for Microsoft OCS will create animated, interactive charts quickly and easily in order to measure traffic in your Microsoft OCS system. Display high level information organized by year or drilled down to the hour; Quickly filter usage by users and export them to Excel; View browser based reports from LCSLOG, LCSCDR, QOEMETRICS, ACDDYN and RTCCONFIG OCS database tables hosted from SQL server. For more information visit our Instant Charting and reporting for Microsoft OCS Web page at http://www.instant-tech.com/Charts.cfm
Download Instant Charting & Reporting for OCS Datasheet
2. Improved Active directory browsing
|Search and Discovery Active Directory Browser Search by First name example|
|GMT Time zone differential between server and local timezone setting shown|
Thursday, September 30, 2010
You may discover chats are not up to date or no archives are shown at all in the Instant Archive Viewer or LCSlog. Usually, this means that archiving is not enabled, has stopped or is not configured in the OCS system correctly. There are some very good tools to help troubleshoot archiving issues. Example: Archiving CDR Reporter Tool. This reporting tool has built-in SQL queries to retrieve and view information from the Archiving and Call Detail Records (CDR) Backend. The tool enables the user to view Office Communications Server 2007 usage reports based on the Archiving and CDR tables. The resource kit can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=b9bf4f71-fb0b-4de9-962f-c56b70a8aecd&displaylang=en
Here are some other useful things you can check:
- Check that the Archiving services on the Archiving Server are running. Ensure that MSSQL server service (MSSQL) has started before you start the Archiving service (RTCLog). Next, click Office Communications Server 2007 R2 and start the Archiving Server by right clicking and click start. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd425118(office.13).aspx
- Restart of the SQL instance, followed by a reboot of the Front End http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/communicationsserverlogging/thread/75cc1db3-7586-40e3-b5df-c4bb36977d98
- Check the SQL server and the following ports are opened TCP/49154, TCP/135, TCP/445, TCP/49010, TCP/49191, UDP/137 http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ocspresenceim/thread/d778033b-42ba-4921-bfae-49d6568cd8ec
- Install and configure Message Queue. To install and configure the message queue on the Windows Server 2008 and 2003, refer to the following link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441169(office.13).aspx
- The Message Queuing service rejects incoming messages when it is unable to check whether the sender is allowed access to the queue for sending messages. Try manually adding the computer that is running Message queueing and relevant accounts such as authenticated users to the Windows Authorization Access Group
- Check that message Queuing is installed on all computers that participate in archiving http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb894580(office.12).aspx
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
|Admin Page for Instant Archive Viewer shown above|
2. Go to Basic Settings Tab
3. Check the "Check for secure admin access" check box. By enabling the secure access check box, only the users who are members of the builtin Administrators group will have access to the admin page by default.
To configure other users to have access to the admin page, do the following:
1. On the host machine for the Instant Archive Viewer Application, navigate to the following directory: inetpub\wwwroot\itimarchiveviews\web.config.
2. Open web.config in notepad
3. scroll down till you see the following connection information:
add key="AdminSecurity" value="builtin\Administrators"
4. Add the users you would like to give access to separated by semicolons:
add key="AdminSecurity" value="builtin\Administrators; ocs\kcarbonneau; ocs\jsmith; ocs\ljohnson"
5. Save the web.config and restart IIS
6. Access the admin page with the user you have selected to give access to in the web.config.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Open 'Instant IMtegrity Chat Logs' database using IBM Lotus Notes'
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Open the QueueLogs database using IBM Lotus Notes Domino Designer.
Browse to 'Code --> Agents' and double click on 'Agents'
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Color scheme used by web client can be easily tweaked. All the customizations are specified in the CSS file named “style.css”.
This file is located at
<<Apache Install Folder>>\Tomcat6.0\webapps\ITFramework\webclient
File contents are as follows:
Updating the color hex codes will be instantly applied to chat client. You can also append HTML element attributes as per your needs.
To update the logo displayed on the chat client you will need to update the file: logoFrame.html
File contents are as follows:
You will need to update the path to the image tag to point to your logo.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
1. Open the webpage using any text editor
2. Add the following snippet to page header:
3. Add the following snippet to page body where you would want to display the chat link:
'Queue Login ID' in the above snippet needs to be replaced with the Queue Login Name.
You can customize the look and feel of the hyperlink as per your needs. Hyperlink needs to call the function: startchat(‘Queue Login ID’) to initiate a chat when the hyperlink is clicked by the user.
A live demo of the customized chat links can be viewed at http://www.instant-tech.com/Interactive_Presence.cfm
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
1. Ensure that all the three databases have been successfully created on the domino server:
a) IQM V4 Configuration database (typically named: ITQConnect.nsf)
b) Queue logs database (typically named: ITQueueLogs.nsf)
c) Measurements database (typically named: ITMeasurements.nsf)
2. Verify that you have a dedicated Notes ID (credentials) that can access these databases
3. Verify that these databases can be successfully accessed via Internet Explorer from the system which will run Instant Queue Manager V4
4. Make sure you have created a bunch of Sametime accounts for the following purposes:
a) Queue Entry Point(s). Queue Entry points are typically named: HelpDesk, Support Desk etc…
b) Interview Entry Point(s)
c) Expert(s) which will service incoming requests in the queue
5. Install SUN JDK 1.6 on the system which will run the Instant Queue Manager V4
6. Install Apache Tomcat Server 6.0
After the above mentioned prerequisites have been met you can proceed further and run the IQM V4 Setup Program.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
- Install Lotus Notes Client 6.5 or higher on the system running Apache Tomcat Server
- Associate a Notes ID with the client which can access the Queue Logs database deployed on Domino server Copy Notes.jar file from Lotus Notes client installation folder to <<Application Installation Folder
>>/Tomcat 6.0/webapps/ITFramework/WEB-INF/lib folder
- Edit the InterviewContext.xml file located at <<Application Installation Folder>
>/Tomcat 6.0/webapps/ITFramework/WEB-INF folder using any text editor
- Locate the following snippet
- Remove the highlighted text to activate the logging service
- After the edits the snippet should look like the following screenshot
- Next save the changes and restart the Apache Tomcat Service from Services applet located in system control panel.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
The value in the field:
URL to the Web Service Server should follow the following syntax:
It is also possible that there may be 2 configuration documents in the Notes database. To inspect the number of configuration documents, open the database (itqconnect.nsf) in a Notes client and navigate to the
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
7. Click on the first link only.