Administrators would want to update the pointer to IQMV4 configuration database (URL) in the plug-in for easy deployment.
Take following steps to update the URL:
1. Download plug-in from IQMV4 resources page - http://instant-tech.com/qv4resources.cfm
2. Unzip install site
3. After unzipping the install site, navigate to 'IQMV4InstallSite\plugins' folder.
4. In the folder you should see 'com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.instant.cm_1.0.XXXX.jar'
5. ‘com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.instant.cm_1.0.XXXX.jar’ is a standard zip file.
5. You will need to extract this jar file using any popular zipping application like WinZip or WinRar.
6. After extracting the jar file you should see the 'default.properties' file in 'IQMV4InstallSite\plugins\com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.instant.cm_1.0.XXXX\com\ibm\collaboration\realtime\instant\properties' folder.
7. Open the 'default.properties' file using any text editor.
8. Update the value for the property: DATABASE_URL to point it to your Instant Queue Manager Configuration database.
9. Format of the value should be: http\://your server FQDN/itqconnect.nsf
10. Save your changes and close the properties file.
11. Next use your zipping application to create back the zip file from the folder.
12. Rename the created zip file 'com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.instant.cm_1.0.XXXX.zip' to: 'com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.instant.cm_1.0.XXXX.jar'
Now the updated plug-in jar can be pushed to Sametime clients using the install site.