This article will guide you through to include Instant Team Sessions plug-in into Sametime 8.5.2/9 installer.
To get started you will be needing Sametime client installer and Instant Team Sessions plug-in install site.
Instant Team Sessions plug-in install site can be obtained from:
Take following steps to include Instant Team Sessions plug-in into Sametime installer:
1. Run Sametime client installer and extract files into a folder (say C:\Sametime9)
2. After files have been extracted go into the specified location, folder should contain following files and folders.
3. Next go into “updateSite” folder.
4. Copy “TeamSessionsSite\features\Instant_TeamSessions_1.0.154.jar” from Instant Team Sessions plug-in install site to “updateSite/features” folder.
5. Copy “TeamSessionsSite\plugins\com.ibm.collaboration.realtime.instant.team._ST8_1.0.154.jar” from Instant Team Sessions plug-in install site to “updateSite/plugins” folder.
6. Next open site.xml located in updateSite folder in any text editor.
7. At the end of the file add following nodes under site tag.
<feature id="Instant_TeamSessions" patch="false" url="features/Instant_TeamSessions_1.0.154.jar" version="1.0.154">
<category name="Instant TeamSessions"/>
<category-def label="Instant TeamSessions" name="Instant TeamSessions" />
8. Updated file will look like the following screen shot:
9. Next the Sametime 9 directory can be packaged back as a self-extractor executable. Self-extractor executable will need to launch the process “setup.exe” after successfully extracting files.
To create self extractor executable it is recommended to use 7Zip (http://www.wikihow.com/Use-7Zip-to-Create-Self-Extracting-excutables) or WinZip (http://kb.winzip.com/help/winzip/help_zip2exe.htm)